How long before my departure do I have to be at the train station?
Since November 13, France has restored the border control. All passengers must be in possession of a valid identity document. Controls are likely to occur during your journey. Thank you for your attention.
First and foremost, we strongly recommend that you always have your ID (valid, of course) with you. Because identity and baggage checks are sometimes set up in stations.
Also remember to be a little ahead of your departure schedule!
Since 2017, around twenty French stations have been gradually equipped with boarding gates. These devices installed at the entrance to the platform ensure automated and secure passenger boarding.
And for all other stations, all other carriers, here are our tips!
For your journey with TGV, INTERCITÉS and TER
In some stations, access to the platform is only allowed to people with a ticket. This is deployed in a selection of destinations with departure from the following stations:
To have plenty of time to find your car, your seat, to store your suitcases etc... we advise you to arrive 20 minutes before departure.
Access to the train is guaranteed up to 2 minutes before departure, so avoid arriving at the very last minute!
Finally, remember to prepare your tickets as they may be requested just before entering the train.
If you do not print the e-ticket confirmation, we remind you of the obligation to download it to your mobile or to issue it to the Self Service Terminal before boarding.
- Paris Gare du Nord
- Paris Gare de l'Est
- Paris Gare Montparnasse
- Paris Gare de Lyon
- Bordeaux Saint-Jean
- Lille Flandres
- Lyon Perrache
- Lyon Part-Dieu
- Aix TGV
Thanks to this, the onboard crew will be more available to respond to your requests during the trip.
We advise you to anticipate your arrival at the station by a few minutes and be sure to prepare your travel document (ticket, e-ticket, smartphone with the brightness set to maximum ...) to present it to the SNCF teams.
During your trip, the onboard crew will also check the commercial cards and subscriptions (Youth card, Weekend, Senior, Child +, Package, Frequency, etc.).
For your journey with OUIGO
You must arrive at the station 30 minutes before departure. Access to the train is no longer guaranteed 5 minutes before departure.
If you still have not received your OUIGO tickets 4 days before departure:
- We invite you to take a look in your spam mail box just in case, or in the "Promotions" section if you use Gmail.
- You can receive your tickets again via this link, you will have to enter your departure and arrival station, the date of the journey and the email entered.
- You can also access your reservations directly from the OUIGO website or app, under "my bookings".
For your journey with Eurostar
It's a bit like on the plane:
Arrive at least 30 minutes before departure so you have time to check in for boarding. If you show up after this time, you may not be allowed to board.
People with disabilities or reduced mobility who need assistance must arrive at the station at least 1 hour before the departure of their train.
Business Premier customers, it will take at least 10 minutes to check in for boarding.
For your journey with Renfe-SNCF in Coopération
You must arrive no later than 2 minutes before the departure time. Beyond this period, access to the train is no longer guaranteed.
For your journey with Thalys
Security measures are reinforced at the Brussels-Midi, Anvers-Central and Paris-Nord stations.
In these 3 stations, identity and baggage checks have been put in place. To ensure the smooth running of your trip, we therefore ask you to take into account:
- an additional 30 minutes to access the Paris-Nord and Brussels-Midi platforms (where access to the platforms is only possible in the lobby of the Thalys kiosk)
- to present a valid identity document
- to bring a printed proof of travel in addition to your usual card if you are a Thalys club customer
Important information regarding your journey from / to Rotterdam
From now on, platform access gates located inside Rotterdam Central station are put into operation for security reasons.
HOW TO OPEN THE GANTRY AT ROTTERDAM CENTRAL STATION?
Use your ticket to enter or exit the station!
- Go to the gantry with your Thalys ticket
- Place the bar code on the reader on your right
- The gantry opens automatically. You can enter or exit the station.
- Need help? Press the "i" button in the information column or contact the staff at the station.
If you are leaving from Rotterdam, we recommend that you arrive at the station 10 minutes earlier to get to the platform in peace.
If you arrive in Rotterdam, remember to keep your transport ticket until the end of your trip to leave the station.
Important information regarding your trip from / to Brussels National Airport
From now on, access gates to the platforms located inside the Brussels National Airport station are put into service for security reasons.
Specific gantrys are provided for people with reduced mobility. Standard gates are designed for single persons, but they easily allow small items and luggage to pass.
HOW TO GET TO OR LEAVE BRUSSELS NATIONAL AEROPORT STATION?
- Go to a gantry displaying a green arrow.
- Present the barcode of your train ticket in front of the reader on your right, until the screen turns green.
- The gantry opens. You can pass.
- Need help? Call in a staff member.
Last modified at Tue, 01/26/2021 - 17:18
Did we answer your question?