Colmar is perfect for a romantic, gourmet weekend getaway. This little town in Alsace is famous for its beautiful architecture.
Nestled between the Vosges and the Black Forest mountains, Colmar simply oozes with charm, with its narrow cobblestone streets, colourful half-timbered houses, geranium-bedecked balconies and interweaving canals.
It’s also the capital of Alsatian wine. Suffice to say, when it comes to gastronomy, you won’t be disappointed!
What to do on a weekend trip to Colmar
Cruise down the canals on a flat-bottomed boat.
Start your day out right by drifting down the canals of this flower-covered town. You can enjoy a romantic moment in a picture-perfect setting.
- Leave from the base of the Pont Saint-Pierre
- Boulevard Saint-Pierre
- +33 389410194
- Opening hours: Open daily from February to December from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Price info: €6 per person.
The Collégiale neighbourhood
Talk a stroll around the Collégiale neighbourhood to discover the old town and its most beautiful buildings. Then continue on to a visit of the Unterlinden Museum. It’s a bit like the Louvre of Alsace!
- Unterlinden Museum
- 1 Rue des Unterlinden
- +33 389201550
- Opening hours: Open every day (except Tuesday) from 9 am to 6 pm
- Price info: Normal €13/Reduced price €11/Youth price €8/Solidarity price €5
You absolutely must try the winstubs. You can find plenty of Alsatian specialities in these little traditional restaurants. As for wine, you can taste some grands crus at the Domaine Viticole de la Ville de Colmar, which you can reach by foot from the city centre.
- Domaine viticole de la ville de Colmar
- 2 Rue du Stauffen
- +33 389791187
- Opening hours: Open Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Saturday from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Domaine Martin Jung
- 12 Rue de l'Ange
- +33 389415872
- Opening hours: Open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 7 pm