Luggage on Eurostar
- No weight limits. No extra costs!
- Adults can take 2 bags or suitcases with a maximum length of 85cm and 1 hand luggage.
- Children are allowed 1 bag and 1 piece of hand luggage.
- Each item should have a label with your name, seat number, date of travel and destination.
- Skis or snowboards are allowed on the Direct Ski train free of charge. These items are in addition to the usual luggage allowance.
- If you’d like to take more than the standard luggage allowance with you, or items over 85cm long, you must use our registered luggage service, Eurodespatch. This service is available in London, Paris, Lille and Brussels.
Bikes on Eurostar
Cyclists are welcome! But there are a few conditions:
- Folding bikes smaller than 85cm long when fully folded can be carried on board as part of your normal luggage allowance at no extra cost.
- All non-folding bikes or those over 85cm long will need to travel with Eurostar's registered luggage service, Eurodespatch, available if you're travelling from London, Paris, Lille and Brussels. Bikes will be placed in a padded bike bag or bike box as part of the service. If you want to keep your bike fully assembled, there is limited space available on the train so it's best to call Eurodespatch in advance on 03448 225 822 to check availability before you travel.
- If you're travelling on Eurostar's Direct South of France services, non-folding bikes and bikes that exceed 85cm in length can be picked up and delivered to your destination with the train's partner company First Luggage.
Two dedicated wheelchair spaces are available per train located in the Standard Premier carriages, near a wheelchair-accessible toilet. Wheelchair users and a companion are charged the cost of a Standard Class ticket.
If you wish to travel with a battery-powered mobility scooter, Eurostar will transport them free of charge in the luggage hold if given advance notice. Scooters should be no wider than 100cm, otherwise it won’t fit on the lifts and ramps that help to get it on the train.
Pets on Eurostar
- Only guide dogs are allowed on Eurostar services.
- Unfortunately, on the direct South of France and direct ski service, no pets are allowed - including guide dogs.