Covid-19: our engagements to ensure safe train travel, traffic information and commercial conditions
The information below is updated regularly and therefore details continue to evolve.
The main thing to remember:
- SNCF is implementing the new measures announced relating to the health pass.
- These measures apply to TGV INOUI, OUIGO, INTERCITES with compulsory reservation and to international TGVs departing from France. TER and Transilien are not affected.
- Boarding will probably be slowed down slightly in order to proceed with checks, it is advisable to slightly anticipate your arrival at the station.
- Wearing a mask remains compulsory upon entering the station, on the platform and on board all SNCF trains throughout the journey.
- The transport offer is unchanged, all trains planned and open for sale run normally.
- Train tickets are exchangeable and refundable up to 3 days before departure (excluding No Flex fares) for TGV INOUI, INTERCITES and international TGVs around Europe (excluding TGV Lyria, Renfe SNCF in cooperation, Eurostar and Thalys) . Usual conditions for Ouigo
The health pass is compulsory for your journey with TGV INOUI, OUIGO and INTERCITES (reservation required *) and international long-distance trains departing from France (except Eurostar).
This obligation concerns all travelers over 12 years and 2 months.
The health pass certifies either:
- Complete vaccination
- Or a COVID-19 recovery certificate older than 11 days and less than 6 months.
- Or a negative PCR or antigen test of less than 72 hours.
- The verification system can intervene at any time, at the platform when boarding, on board or when getting off the train, by SNCF agents (station agents, controllers, security teams) or by the police. .
The validity of the health pass is checked by flashing the QR code via the TousAntiCovid application or by visual verification for supporting documents without a QR code.
* The following INTERCITES trains with non-compulsory reservation are not affected by the health pass:
Nantes - Bordeaux
Nantes - Lyon
Toulouse - Hendaye
Clermont - Lyon / Beziers
Respect the rule of wearing a mask for both staff and fellow passengers
• Where possible, the access to the train station, train and points of sale will be filtered. Clients not wearing a mask will not be allowed to board the train. For any clients who who do not have a mask, masks will be on sale in the station and the surrounding areas.
• All of the train agents on board are equipped with masks to ensure the protection of everyone
We guarentee you will be able to wash your hands on the train, in the station and at points of sale
• In the station as well as at points of sale, hand sanitiser will be made availble for both staff and clients
• On board the train a full disinfection procedure (fumigation,…) will be carried out in the case of any suspected infections. The cleaning of trains has been increased and all contact surfaces are disinfected with a virucide product a number of times each day
Intensive cleaning of trains, stations and boutiques
• The cleaning in the SNCF boutiques has been increased and protective glass has been installed
• Onboard, a disinfection procedure (fumigation) will happen for any suspected cases of infection. Cleaning has been increased and all contact surfaces will be disinfected with a virucide product a number of times each day.
Discover the Air quality on board our trains
Manage your reservations flexibly from home.
Find out about the online procedures and carriers' exceptional special measures.
TGV / INTERCITES / OUIGO
Train tickets are exchangeable and refundable up to 3 days before departure, for TGV INOUI in France and INTERCITES (excluding No Flex fares)
Less than 3 days before departure, the usual conditions of your ticket apply.
Canceling and exchanging your tickets is possible before your train departs from the "My bookings" section of the site or the "My Trips" section of the OUI.sncf application.
• TGV INOUI and INTERCITES: exchange or cancellation of your tickets can be done up until the departure of your train via the ‘My bookings’ section or via the ‘My trips’ section on the mobile app.
If you make your request after the departure of your train or you have an issue cancelling your ticket, you can request a refund via the Customer Service, within 60 days, using the following SNCF form
The usual exchange and refund conditions apply: OUIGO tickets can only be exchanged up to 1 hour 30 minutes before departure.
TER WITH A CONNECTION TO A TGV INOUI / INTERCITES ROUTE
Connecting TER and NOMAD Train tickets are 100% exchangeable and refundable up to 3 days before departure from the "My orders" section of the site, by entering your unique reference. In the event of an exchange, the price difference remains your responsibility.
Please note: if you are traveling in connection with a TGV INOUI or INTERCITES route, and your TER route is in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Pays de la Loire or the south Provence-Alpes Côte d'Azur regions, you will have 2 separate ticket references :
- A TER ticket which is subject to the fare conditions of the ticket (either refundable until D-1 before departure, or non-exchangeable and non-refundable for certain promotional fares)
- A TGV or INTERCITES ticket which is exchangeable and refundable under the conditions described in the TGV INOUI / INTERCITES section.
TER TICKETS WITHOUT A CONNECTION:
your TER ticket is refundable until D-1 before departure. * Certain promotional rates remain non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- Tickets in paper format: see you at the train station or SNCF store
Ticket purchased on OUI.sncf: request reimbursement directly from your OUI.sncf customer area.
Ticket purchased on another channel: send your request to the purchase channel.
More info on the detailed reimbursement conditions on the regional TER websites.
For an exchange, make your request from "My bookings": exchange free of charge according to the conditions. From 7 days before the initial departure an additional charge of 40 € / 30 £ per person per way applies.
Important information: Due to restrictive measures, Eurostar has canceled passenger journeys from the Netherlands to Brussels. Tickets reserved on this route are fully refunded
TGV INOUI TO ITALY, TGV INOUI TO BELGIUM, TGV INOUI TO LUXEMBOURG, TGV INOUI TO GERMANY, TGV INOUI TO FRIBOURG, RENFE IN COOPERATION
International TGV train tickets are 100% exchangeable and refundable up to 3 days before departure (excluding RENFE SNCF in cooperation *), via the "My bookings" tab. In the event of an exchange, the price difference remains your responsibility.
If your request is made after your train has left or if you are unable to cancel your ticket, you can request a refund online via the dedicated SNCF.com page "SNCF at your service"> "Complaints" > reason: "I did not use my ticket"
* For RENFE-SNCF in cooperation: cancellation or exchange fees for France-Spain tickets are not automatically waived. Submit your reimbursement request online on this dedicated page.
Unable to travel when you’d originally planned? The current exchange and refund policy shown below applies up to your train departure time:
- Tickets for which exchangeable conditions apply : exchange free of charge. You just pay the difference in the ticket price. For cancellations, a charge of EUR 30/CHF 33 applies to each ticket.
- Tickets who are modifiable free of charge :exchange or refund with no fee up to your train departure time.
- For tickets that are non-exchangeable and non-refundable, no exchange or refund will be permitted.
If your train is cancelled, you can claim a full refund of the cost of your tickets up to 60 days after the scheduled departure:
• Online using the form available on SNCF.com
• By post to: Service Relation Clients SNCF, 62 973 ARRAS Cedex 9, France
All the Thalys tickets are now exchangeable until the time of departure, for any reservation made between 9 March and 31 December inclusive. Any price difference remains your responsibility.
The Standard mini, Comfort mini, Premium mini, Young mini, Mini group, Comfort deal and weekend Comfort fares, initially non-exchangeable, become exchangeable, at a cost of €5 per ticket. However, these rates remain non-refundable.
For the other Standard (including Youth, Kid and Senior) and Comfort fares, the ticket can be exchanged up to the time of departure without exchange fees.
If the train is running but you cannot travel due to travel restrictions related to government decisions:
• Exchange according to the pricing conditions
• Refund if requested up to the departure time indicated on the ticket.
If your train has been canceled, you can request a refund of your tickets free of charge up to 30 days after departure:
• Online using the form available on the SNCF.com website
• By post to the SNCF Customer Relations Department, 62 973 ARRAS Cedex 9
For any other request that does not correspond to the cases listed above, the usual exchange and refund conditions for your ticket apply.
The circulation of the BlaBlaCar Bus lines has resumed since 12 May, 2021.
More information on BlaBlaBus.com.
BLABLACAR AND BLABLALINES
BlaBlaCar and BlaBlaLines carpooling reservations remain available for trips that comply with official guidelines.
More information on BlaBlaCar
FlixBus traffic has resumed.
More information on Flixbus
FRENCH GOVERNMENT MEASURES
SNCF is implementing the measures announced relating to the health pass which concern TGV INOUI, OUIGO, INTERCITES with compulsory reservation and international long-distance trains departing from France. TER and Transilien are not affected.
Any traveler over 12 years old wishing to reach France from a country in the European area (European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Saint-Siège and Switzerland), to the except for cross-border workers, must present proof of non-contamination with Covid (vaccination with a complete vaccination schedule or negative test of less than 72 hours).
The procedures for reopening the borders between France and other foreign countries vary depending on the health situation of each country and the vaccination of travelers.
TRAFFIC INFO IN FRANCE AND EUROPE
CIRCULATION IN FRANCE
You can check the circulation of your train on SNCF.com the day before your trip at 5 p.m. Just enter your train number. Note, if you have a ticket, you will receive an SNCF message (SMS or email) before your trip with a confirmation or cancellation.
This specific information takes precedence over any other information you may obtain elsewhere.
In all cases, the SNCF Assistant and the SNCF traffic information are updated at 5 p.m. and provide reliable information on the TGV INOUI, OUIGO and INTERCITÉS trains running in the next 3 days (and the following day for TER and NOMAD Trains)
Travelers from a European Union country, with the exception of cross-border workers, must present proof of non-contamination of Covid (vaccination with a complete vaccination schedule or negative test less than 72 hours). More info on the Health Pass
The procedures for reopening the borders between France and foreign countries vary depending on the health situation of each country and the vaccination of travelers.
CIRCULATION IN EUROPE
Any traveler over 12 years of age wishing to reach France from a country in the European area or the United Kingdom must present proof of non-contamination with Covid. More info on the Health Pass.
Faced with the rapid circulation of the Delta variant of Covid-19, the government is strengthening its border control measures.
If you are not vaccinated, a negative PCR test may be requested from travelers coming from a foreign country.
Depending on the country, this test must have been carried out no later than 24 or 48 hours before the trip. Please see the entry requirements for each country here
Check here for the latest measurements for traveling to Belgium.
Travel from Belgium to member states of the European Union is free for people with a digital COVID certificate.
Countries of destination may attach related conditions. Please check these conditions in advance with the authorities in each country.
New rules apply to passengers traveling from the UK to Belgium.
People fully vaccinated in England, Wales or Northern Ireland can travel to Belgium for no essential reason: they do not need an essential travel certificate (eTA) or a PCR test.
However, they must always:
- Complete a passenger locator form at least 48 hours before departure
- Perform a test on the day of arrival in Belgium or the next day (day 1 or 2). If the result is negative, the quarantine is lifted.
- Repeat a COVID test on the 7th day following their arrival in Belgium.
People fully vaccinated in Scotland should:
- Have an essential reason for traveling and request an essential travel certificate from the Belgian Embassy,
- Provide proof of a negative PCR test, carried out a maximum of 72 hours before arrival in Belgium,
- Complete a passenger tracking form,
- Quarantine yourself for 10 days upon arrival in Belgium,
- Perform a first test on the day of arrival, then a second test a week later (days 1 and 7).
THE NETHERLANDS :
Passengers from the UK to the Netherlands
Fully vaccinated people are no longer required to self-quarantine on arrival.
On the other hand, those who do not have a complete vaccination schedule must isolate themselves for 10 days.
Presentation for boarding at least 40 minutes before departure.
For more details, information is regularly updated, please visit the Nederland Wereldwijd website.
You can also read the latest information here.
Travelers from France now have the obligation to inform the local health authorities of their entry into German territory (https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de), to present a negative PCR or antigen test carried out within 48 hours beforehand and go through a period of quarantine upon their arrival.
If you live in a department classified as a variant virus circulation zone, check the official sites, new additional measures may apply.
It is recommended to follow the instructions of the local authorities (in particular on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health, in English, and of the Robert Koch Institut, in German), to consult the website of the French Embassy in Germany.
All French regions (including the French overseas departments and territories) are considered to be risk areas.
The list of areas concerned is evolving. Visit the Robert Koch Institut website regularly
To find out the updated measures for entering France from Germany, visit the official government website.
Travelers entering Italy from France should:
• choose from:
o Or the negative result of a PCR or antigen test of less than 48 hours (self tests are not accepted);
o Or proof of full vaccination with a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency. Proof of vaccination is only valid on the condition that it allows proof of completion of a complete vaccination schedule (14 days after the last injection). The certificate must be presented in one of the 4 languages: Italian, English, French or Spanish;
o Or a certificate of healing (this certificate is valid for a maximum of 180 days after the first positive test)
• report to the regional health authority upon arrival (list by region available on this link).
Travelers exempt from testing:
• Stay not exceeding 120 hours for proven work, health or absolute emergency needs;
• Transit, by private means, on Italian territory for a period not exceeding 36 hours;
• Frontier workers entering and leaving the national territory for proven work reasons and for the consecutive return to their residence, accommodation or stay;
• Staff of companies and institutions with their registered or secondary headquarters in Italy for trips abroad for proven work requirements not exceeding 120 hours;
• Pupils and students following a study program in a State other than their State of residence, residence or stay, to which they return every day or at least once a week.
• Means of transport crew.
• Children under 6 years old.
Important: the exemptions listed above only apply to Italy. In the event of returning to France after a stay in Italy, it is necessary to comply with the regulations in force in France (see website of the Ministry of the Interior).
NB: Vaccination or being cured of Covid does not exempt you from having to perform the test.
For more information, visit the dedicated site.
Consult the protection measures adopted by each region and adapted to the local situation.
Since 7 June travelers over the age of 12 coming from France, arriving by train to Spain will have to present one of these documents, in digital or paper format:
• a certificate justifying full vaccination against Covid-19 dating less than 14 days. It must in particular mention the date of vaccination carried out, the vaccine administered and the country of vaccination,
• or a test certificate, with a negative result, issued within 48 hours of arrival in the territory. It can be a NAAT test (Covid-19 RNA detection test: RT-PCR, TMA, LAMP, NEAR ...) or an antigen test,
• or a certificate of recovery from Covid-19, valid for 180 days after the 1st positive diagnostic test. This document must in particular mention the date of the first positive test, the type of test carried out and the country where this certificate was issued.
Before traveling to Spain, see the evolution of the health situation via this link in particular.
In view of the current situation, the condition of the TGV Lyria traffic is likely to change. Find all the information here
All persons entering Switzerland are required to respect the sanitary measures at the border, put in place by the Swiss government. The interactive Travelcheck shows the measurements that apply to you.
A COVID certificate must therefore be presented by all travelers, regardless of their origin and means of transport.
Unvaccinated and unhealed travelers will have to present a first negative test when crossing the border, then make a second one within 4 to 7 days after crossing the border, the result of which is to be communicated to the canton.
Children under 16 are exempt from the test.
All travelers must also complete an entry form, as was already the case this spring, except travelers from border regions, who are exempt from the test and form.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION TO ENTER ENGLAND FROM OVERSEAS
Countries are now classed as ‘red list’ or ‘rest of world’. France, Belgium and the Netherlands are all classed as ‘rest of world’ and travel to the UK is permitted. The rules you need to follow for travel to the UK depend on your vaccination status, please read the following information carefully. Further information on authorised vaccines can be found here
If you have been in or through a ‘red list’ country in the 10 days prior to your arrival in the UK you will not be permitted to travel by Eurostar to the UK. The UK Government has implemented specific rules for people travelling from a red list country, including requiring travel via a designated airport and mandatory hotel quarantine. Find out more
Before departure check the list of red countries here as the list can change regularly.
Everyone must complete a Passenger Locator Form any time in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK. You’ll need to show your form when you check in to travel or board your plane, train or ferry to the UK.
You must declare all countries you have visited or transited through in the 10 days prior to your arrival on your Passenger Locator Form. Children under the age of 18 years can be included on the form of a parent or a guardian when travelling together and if you are staying together at the same UK address.
Unvaccinated passengers or passengers vaccinated with unauthorised vaccines must:
1. Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure to the UK*
3. Complete a Passenger Locator Form
4. Make plans to self-quarantine in private accommodation for 10 full days after arrival (or full duration of stay if less than 10 days)
Fully vaccinated*** passengers must:
1.Book an antigen test to be performed on the 2nd day following the day of arrival **,
2. Complete a Passenger Locator Form
3. Travel with a valid vaccination certificate.
These measures apply to everyone (including UK nationals and residents) arriving in the UK from outside the common travel area comprising the United Kingdom, Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands. The British Overseas Territories are not in the common travel area. Public health requirements may vary depending upon in which nation of the UK you are staying
Northern Ireland: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-advice
Failure to comply with these measures is a criminal offence and you could be fined. There are a limited set of exemptions from these measures. Check the list of exemptions carefully. You may be fined if you fraudulently claim an exemption
* Applies to everyone age 11 years and above. You must ensure the test meets the required standards and that the test certificate is in English, French or Spanish.
**Applies from the age of 5 years and above. You must book and pay for the arrival tests required according to your vaccination status before your journey in order to complete your Passenger Locator Form. You still have to book an arrival test even if you are staying in the UK for less than 2 days. You must ensure the test provider you choose is on the UK government list, otherwise, the test will not meet the required standards.
***You must have received your full vaccination dose(s) at least 14 days before you travel and in a country with an approved COVID19 vaccination programme for travel to England. Read more informatio
Our assistance services for people with disabilities and reduced mobility are maintained.
We recommend that you book your support in advance to ensure it is guaranteed. Customers who show up at the station without an assistance reservation will be attended as far as possible.
To guarantee you a quality service, we thank you for contacting our reservation services in case of change or cancellation of your trip.
In order to protect you and our agents, the terms of the assistance service for people with disabilities and reduced mobility remain temporarily adapted.
Thus, wearing a mask is mandatory: be careful, if you are not equipped with a mask, the service will be refused.
In the specific case where you have a medical mask exemption certificate, it is mandatory to wear a visor at stations and on trains.
To benefit from an assistance service, the wearing of a visor will be necessary as well as the presentation of the medical certificate and any document attesting to the disability.
Customers benefiting from an assistance service must also be able to comply with all other barrier gestures, and in particular the rule of physical distancing from other travelers.
TGV INOUI catering and INTERCITES catering:
Since 2 November, the TGV and Intercités catering services are suspended.
We will inform you on this page when the service reopens.
Wearing a mask is compulsory in the train, so we invite you to put it back on directly after your tasting.
The Grand Voyageur lounges have been open since 18 January, here are the opening hours:
• Strasbourg and Marseille: 6 am to 6 pm
• Bordeaux, Lyon Part Dieu, Lille Flandres, Paris East, Rennes, Nantes: 6 am to 6 pm
• Paris Montparnasse: 6.15 am to 6 pm
• Lille Europe, Paris Gare du Nord, Paris Gare de Lyon: 6.30 am to 6 pm
The Junior & Cie service is provided. If you have to take or collect your child from the station during curfew hours, the Junior & Cie e-ticket is valid. We inform you that trips until 7 March are exchangeable or cancelable free of charge until 4 days before.
- The Mes Bagages service evolves: it is temporarily suspended until early 2021. See you in March 2021 to discover a brand new service.
- The My Chauffeur service to reserve a taxi / VTC for the city and station journeys is well open. Our drivers have implemented sanitary measures to protect you.
- The Home-Train service is currently suspended until further notice.
Do I still need a travel certificate to travel?
Yes, if you are traveling during curfew (between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.), you will need a certificate.
Are the trains going to run during the winter holidays?
Trains are currently running normally, you can check the train traffic on SNCF.com the day before your trip at 5 p.m. Just enter your train number. Note, if you have a ticket, you will receive an SNCF message (SMS or email) before your trip with a confirmation or cancellation.
In the event of a new lockdown and my trip is in less than 3 days, will I be reimbursed free of charge?
If a new lockdown is planned, the information regarding the exchange and refund conditions will be updated on this page.
Is the reservation for the next holiday possible?
The reservation remains possible, in case of cancellation of your train, you always have the possibility of exchanging or getting reimbursed free of charge.
Last modified at Mon, 10/25/2021 - 15:16
Did we answer your question?