On TGV, Intercités, TER, TGV France-Italy trains
Attractive fares for your pet:
- 50% discount for your pet (based on the full price 2nd class fare, even if you are travelling in 1st class).
- if your pet is small (weighs less than 6kg) Carry your pet in a bag or basket not exceeding 45cm x 30cm x 25cm and pay only €7.
TGV France-Italie: if your pet is small (weighs less than 6kg), carry your pet for free in a bag or basket not exceeding 45cm x 30cm x 25cm
This type of ticket cannot be booked on OUI.sncf.
You can book a pet ticket:
- By phone via + 33 (0)8 92 35 35 35. Our Customer Service is available 7 days per week from 7am until 10pm (price of an international call and any additional costs of your operator).
- From a customer sales representative at a Boutique. See the list of Boutiques
- From a customer sales agent at a station, SNCF shop or approved travel agency in France.
See all SNCF stations sales outlets
On OUIGO trains
If your pet weighs more than 6 kg, you must sign up for a pet supplement costing €30
when purchasing your ticket.
If the animal is lighter than this, it travels for free! It can travel with you, either with or without a carrier.
This is in addition to your carry-on and hand luggage. NB:
Have you forgotten to sign up for one of these options? It’s not too late. Go to the after-sales site
On Thalys trains (travel between France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands)
Domestic animals weighing under 6 kilograms can travel free of charge if they are transported in a container with maximum dimensions of 45 x 30 x 25 cm.
Animals weighing over 6 kilograms are allowed in the coaches if they are on a lead or muzzled.
If your animal is small and not in a container, or weighs more than 6 kilograms, you must buy a ticket at the rate for “Dogs”.
Tickets at the rate for “Dogs” must be bought as follows:
- By phone: call +33 8 92 35 35 35. Lines are open daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (calls are charged at international rates, plus any applicable operator surcharge).
- From an SNCF station, SNCF boutique or from a partner travel agency in France.
See all SNCF stations sales outlets
Excepting guide dogs, animals are not allowed on board Thalys Neige and Soleil, nor on connecting trains to London or trains bound for London.
On Eurostar trains (travel between France, Belgium and the UK)
Pets other than guide dogs are not permitted to travel on Eurostar trains.
On Renfe-SNCF trains (between France and Spain)
Pets under 10kg and transported in a special container can travel with a special animal ticket.
These tickets are currently not available on OUI.sncf. You can book this ticket directly at the train station.
Guide dogs travel free.
On TGV-Lyria trains (Travel between France and Switzerland)
If your pet weighs less than 6kg : Small domestic pets (maximum 2 per person) carried in containers (closed basket or bag measuring 45 x 30 x 25cm maximum) may travel free of charge on TGV Lyria trains.
If you are travelling with several pets, you must book a Standard Adult TGV Lyria fare for each additional carrier.
Please note: If your pet weighs more than 6 kg, you must pay a special Animal fare. This type of ticket cannot be booked on OUI.sncf.
On Italo trains
Pets weighing less than 10 kg may travel free on board Italo if transported in a suitable bag or bench and hold a certificate of vaccination.
Your pet must also be identified based on the European standard EC Reg. No. 998/2003.
Pets of more than 10 kg shall are not allowed on board Italo.
On TGV Brussels Province trains
- Pet fares vary according to the distance travelled.
- On board the train, your pet must be muzzled and kept on a leash.
- Small pets (weighing less than 6 kg) must be carried in a bag or basket measuring less than 45 cm x 30 cm x 25 cm. A standard small pets fare will be charged, regardless of the distance travelled.
- Guide dogs and companion dogs can travel free of charge (no ticket required)
You cannot book this type of ticket at OUI.sncf.
You can book a pet ticket :
- by phone, call + 33 8 92 35 35 35. Lines are open daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm (calls are charged at international rates, plus any applicable operator surcharge).
- from a sales agent at an SNCF station or boutique, SNCF-approved travel agent or SNCB station where international tickets are on sale